Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/4 Inch Black Geneva will protect the flooring underneath from any heavy exercise machines, such as a treadmill or a resistance machine, as well as from small free weights.
Rolled rubber flooring is a popular option in homes, schools and professional gym floors and weight room areas. Rolled rubber is a great product for protecting floors from free weights and exercise equipment. Rubber flooring in rolls will act as a sound dampener and as a floor protector.
This product ships from Wisconsin which makes it a great purchase for Midwest or East Coast customers to save on shipping. This 1/4 inch rubber flooring roll is purchased by the square foot, in any roll length from 25 to 100 foot long. The rolls are 4 ft wide. One linear foot of material is equal to 4 square feet. Please indicate your roll lengths needed in the notes portion of the order at checkout.
This product is made from recycled rubber material in the USA. This flooring option is considered a green product and may contribute to LEED points in green buildings.
- Partial Floor Covering: Rubber roll per square foot can be used for island installations, meaning you’ll just place the 1/4 inch rubber in a portion of the room, rather than filling the entire room. This is a smart installation idea if you’re placing the product in a large rec room in a basement, where one part of the rec room has a seating area and another part has exercise equipment.
- Wall-to-Wall Installation: You also could create a wall-to-wall installation in a basement area, covering the cement flooring with a durable type of flooring that will slow the cold temperatures from the cement floor from reaching your feet. And even though the rubber flooring is firm and tough, it will feel better to walk on than the cement floor. You can cut these rubber rolls to fit any installation area you need. We manufacture the 1/4 inch rubber flooring to within a width tolerance of 1/4 of an inch for the 4-foot width of the roll.
- Exercise in the Garage: Another usage idea for this rubber mat is to roll out the mat on one side of your garage, while leaving the other side for storing your vehicle. You can then place exercise equipment over the rubber flooring on that side of the garage.
- Create a Man Cave: Although the rubber material works especially well for exercise areas, you have a few other usage options too. You could lay out this 1/4 inch rubber mat in a basement or garage to create flooring for a man cave. Perhaps the cement flooring in the area is discolored or has cracks. The rubber flooring will cover those, helping you create a seating area that looks nice and will hold up to heavy usage.
- Dog Training: Rubber flooring is a popular option for dog training and doggy daycares because it provides traction but is gentle on the paws when compared to cement. Any accidents from pets will not damage the floor, but messes should be cleaned up in a timely manner.
Regardless of how you will make use of the Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/4 Inch Black material from Greatmats, you can count on the high quality manufacturing and toughness of this flooring. Our 1/4 inch thick rubber is manufactured within a thickness tolerance of plus or minus 0.02 inches, which ensures you won’t have weak spots. Any weak or thin spots in the flooring – as you sometimes see with poorly-made rubber flooring – could lead to buckling or folding of the 1/4 inch rubber when it’s placed under pressure, leading to a failure of the product. That is not a concern with Greatmats products.
This rubber flooring offers a material hardness rating of Shore A 60, which ensures a firm and durable surface. Additionally, you can count on the quality of this Made in the USA flooring material, as it carries a 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Rubber rolls are relatively easy to install. Lay the rubber rolls directly over concrete, ceramic tile, or any smooth, hard, flat surface. For a wall to wall installation, simply unroll the rubber roll and cut the lengths to fit using a straightedge and a utility knife as needed. Rubber rolls are factory cut with precision so they will lay side-by-side with no gaps between rolls. The ends of the rolls are not cut square and will require trimming during installation.
For installation, use double sided floor tape or adhesive to attach the rubber rolls to a clean, hard floor surface. When using a tape down method the rolls should be taped around the perimeter and at the seams. Rubber rolls can be dry laid in small installations under 400 SF. For large installations, a glue down installation may be required.
For a basic cleaning of these Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/4 Inch, you can sweep or vacuum it to remove dry debris. Some customers choose to sweep the flooring on a daily basis because of heavy usage, while others only need to sweep or vacuum once or twice a week.
For a more thorough cleaning of the 1/4 inch rubber mat, you can use a damp mop and a neutral pH floor cleaner. Don’t oversaturate the flooring. It can be allowed to air dry, although running a basic household fan in the area after the mopping will ensure the material to dries more quickly.
If you end up with excess water on the floor, either from using too much water while mopping or because of a spill, we suggest you remove the excess water with a wet/dry vacuum or with an absorbent towel.
Like all rubber flooring, this product does have a noticeable rubber smell that may last for several days after installation. Some people are more sensitive to this odor than others. If you’re installing the flooring in a room with limited air movement, you will probably notice the smell for a longer period of time after installation. A greater level of air movement over time will minimize the odor faster. You sometimes can minimize the odor by thoroughly cleaning the flooring with a mop and neutral pH floor cleaner immediately after installation. Read our blog about removing rubber odor for more ideas.
Please Note: Cut lengths for rolled rubber products are provided as a courtesy at no additional cost to customers. In some cases, the manufacturer may provide a cut length within two pieces of material. In other cases, the manufacturer may send material that is over or under the specified linear footage. In all cases, the manufacturer is required to supply the overall amount of material per order. It is common for rolled rubber jobs to have butt seams or cut end seams within one roll or run.
- Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/4 Inch 10% Color Geneva
- Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/2 Inch Black Geneva
- Geneva Interlocking Rubber Tile All 3×3 ft Sizes